Sunday, July 18, 2010

I am master of my yarn


I've been knitting since I was about 8. I'm a combination of mom-taught and self-taught, and to date haven't completed anything that wasn't square or rectangular (i.e. scarves, blankets, and shawls). My tension is impeccable (I flatter myself). I am resigned that I'm meant to be a knitter of quality, but not variety. Make that WAS resigned. Because I can now confidently count this--let's face it--adorable baby sweater among my knitting inventory:
20+ years of fearing increases and yarn overs and bobbles and all for naught-because this wasn't that bad. You Tube is a beautiful thing. Want to try this yourself? Props to Arcadia Knitting for providing me with a relatively simple pattern. I may just have to crank out five more of these guys for the craft fair this year.....


No comments:

Post a Comment